Study at Florida Atlantic University’s Intensive English Institute in picturesque Boca Raton, Florida.
Intensive English Institute provides:
- Two study tracks: Academic Track and ESL Only Track
- Academic Track: Bridge to FAU for Qualified Students
- Six levels of English for Academic Purposes
- Students complete two levels in one semester; each level is 8 weeks long
- 6 Start dates each year
- 18-23 hours of English instruction each week + language lab, tutoring, conversation clubs, workshops and field trips.
- Classes are Reading/Writing/Grammar and Listening/Speaking/Pronunciation. Additional classes in American Culture through Movies, TV and music.
- Classes taught by highly-qualified, experienced instructors
- Students in Level Six take two university courses which apply to their degree program
- Successful completion of the program allows qualified students to enter directly into their degree program at FAU without TOEFL or IELTS
- Integration into university life at FAU
- Students may live in on-campus housing
- Contact the IEI for specific requirements for potential graduate-level students
- ESL Only Track: academic, professional and personal English for students who are not interested in admission to FAU
- Students can study alongside Academic Track students, take course-by-course options, or in our Semi-Intensive ESL Day program
- Friendly, stimulating learning environment
- Extra-curricular activities such as volleyball, soccer, and lunchtime seminar
- Field trips to places of special interest
- Use of library and all recreational facilities at the University
- Contact with university admission staff for those interested in continuing their education at Florida Atlantic University
Mid-Spring Session: March 16 – May 7, 2020
Summer Session: May 18 – July 10, 2020
Fall Session: August 24 – December 18, 2020
Mid-Fall Session: October 19 – December 18, 2020
Apply online. Work with Intensive English Institute staff on admission procedures to FAU. Completion of high school.
- Apartments within walking and bicycling distance of the campus.
- Limited homestay opportunities available.
- Residence Hall (on-campus) options available to PAR track students
Florida Atlantic University
- One of eleven universities in the Florida State University System
- Degrees offered at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- Safe, suburban campus
- Located halfway between West Palm Beach to the north and Fort Lauderdale to the south and only three miles from the warm beaches of the Atlantic Ocean
- Surrounded by lush, natural beauty, unparalleled recreational resources, theatres, art galleries and elegant shopping.